Article V Section D: The Past President of the Division shall be the most recently retired President of the Division…..shall serve a one year term as a member of the Board of Directors with right to vote, and shall serve as Chair of the Committee on Awards.
- The Past President chairs the Committee on Professional Awards.
- The Past President selects a committee with designated membership as specified in the bylaws.
- The Past President collects names of the nominees for Distinguished Psychologist award, the Krasner Early Career Award, and the Rosalee Weiss lecturer (if Division 29’s turn) and presents them to the committee and facilitates the affirmation by the Board of the Committee nominee. Should there be no nominees, the past-president facilitates the identification of individuals who would best meet the criteria for each award.
- The Past President presents the names of the Committee’s nominees to the Board for approval at the MidWinter meeting.
- After the Board votes to accept the award nominees as recipients, the past president notifies the recipients.
- The Past President also notifies and provides all necessary information to the American Psychological Foundation for the Rosalee Weiss Award.
- The Past President presents the Distinguished Psychologist and Krasner award to the recipients at the Div 29 APA Convention Social Hour.
- The Past-President participates in decisions and matters of the Executive Committee.
- The Past President shall not be eligible to receive an award during the year in which he/she serves as chair of the awards committee.
- The Past President collects vitaes and other relevant information necessary for the committee selection of the awards.
- During the year in which the Rosalee Weiss Award recipient is selected by Division 29, the past president facilitates the identification of candidates and works with the American Psychological Foundation to comply with procedure.
- The Call for Nominations for the Distinguished Psychologist and the Krasner Award should appear in the fall issue of the Bulletin and on the division’s website after the APA Convention. A call for nominations should also be posted on the Division’s listserv at least twice, in September and October.
- The deadline for nominations for both awards should be December 1.
- During December, the president (soon to become the past president) should appoint the Awards Committee and if necessary, in collaboration with the committee, generate names for the awards.
- Before the Midwinter meeting, the Awards Committee should conduct a conference call to establish recommendations in priority order for the awards.
- The past president should be ready to present the nominees by early to mid January, before the MidWinter meeting.
- During the year of the Rosalee Weiss Award, the president should ensure that the Summer and Fall issues of the Bulletin include a description of the award and a December 1 deadline date. This information will also be posted on the website at the direction of the president.
- The American Psychological Foundation will request the name and vita of the awardee by mid to late January.
- The president (soon to become the past president) should conference with the awards committee during December and be prepared to present a recommendation to the Board at the Mid-Winter meeting for the Rosalee Weiss recipient.
- The past president provides a brief biographical statement of the Distinguished Psychologist Award and the Krasner Award and the Rosalee Weiss Award to the Bulletin Editor for publication in the Fall issue of the Bulletin.
Central Office assists the Past President in all administrative functions of his/her position, including:
- Arranging any conference calls necessary to ensure that the Awards Committee performs its function.
- Ensuring that the Past President is aware of all deadlines.
- Monitoring the inclusion of the call for awards nominations in all issues of the Bulletin, and on the division’s website and listserv.
- Ensuring that the Past President is aware of all EC meetings and conference calls, and is kept informed of all EC deliberations.
- Ordering all awards to be presented at the Division 29 Social Hour and ensuring that they arrive.